DISCLAIMER: These blogs are not intended to offend anyone, but are written to hopefully make you think, and maybe have a little fun. The observations I make are as much about me as anyone. I do believe that one of the biggest problems with our society today is that we often take ourselves too seriously, so if you are offended take a pill and chill, and remember, the first finger I always point is at myself.
I don’t mean to offend, but . . . .
I often wonder why I bother with Facebook, but where else can you find moms, pops, grand kids, conspiracy theorists, borderline schizophrenia, every phobia you might imagine, goof-balls, world saviors, and clowns in the same place. After looking at Facebook the past couple of years, I have developed a profile of the average Facebook participant that I believe is fairly accurate. Now my profile does not apply to the growing minority of people who use Facebook primarily to share photos and news with family and friends, but rather I am profiling those of us who can’t help but share our latest conspiracy theory, gossip, or uninvited opinion. So if you really want to know what your average Facebook participant looks like, take a look at my Top 10 Profile of Facebook Participants:
The Average Facebook Participant Profile . . . .
10. They are usually well respected people who have good intentions and mean well.
9. They are centophobic – They have a fear of new things or ideas.
8. They are xenophobic – They have a fear of people who are different from them.
7. They have sociopath tendencies: (a) They often do not recognize the rights of others – only their own; (b) They feel entitled to certain things as “their right;” (c) They can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers, abilities, and rights; (d) They can be extremely convincing; and (e) They believe the end always justifies the means, and they will let nothing stand in their way to obtain that end.
6. They are staunch believers in the second amendment, and they pack or plan to pack a gun to protect family and keep the peace. They believe without apology in their right to be judge, jury, and executioner of the bad guys they might encounter.
5. They are always on the lookout for something to offend them.
4. They border on paranoid schizophrenia – it’s US against THEM!
3. They exhibit an anti-government phobia – everyday there is a new government conspiracy.
2. They have a doomsday mentality – ObamaCare, Common Core, Agenda 21, Welfare, Social Security, socialism, and too much salt in our diets are all conspiracies contrived by big government to exterminate the common man and bring about the fall of the United States of America.
1. They believe what they believe, and you can believe whatever you believe as long as it falls in line with what they believe.
Therefore beware of anyone waving the American flag, driving an American made car but preferably an American made truck, whose favorite TV show is about duck calling bearded millionaires who are laughing all the way to bank, who is afraid to show or keep his photo on line more than three consecutive days, hates government but can’t wait to retire and draw his rightful portion of social security, believes there is a government conspiracy against the little man, hates just about anybody that doesn’t look, talk, or act like him, and believes he has all the right answers and if you don’t believe it, he has a .45 on his belt to back it up.
And . . . . Oh yeah . . . . I just realized why I stay tuned to Facebook – I enjoy the circus.
I don’t mean to offend, but I say it like I see it.
Copyright © 2013 Jack Linton