“Just the facts, mam,” Joe Friday, Dragnet.
There are three kinds of facts – my facts, your facts, and their facts – and somewhere in between lies the truth. In today’s society, people embrace the facts that come easiest or the facts they want to believe. Therefore, truth does not exist outside my facts, your facts, or their facts, and that, my friend, is a fact that results in a factiction.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in cahoots to ensure she wins the Presidency;
- In 2016, the Mississippi Legislature passed House Bill 1523, which protected certain religious freedoms and banned Dirt Devil and Rainbow vacuum cleaners;
- Bill Clinton says Hillary likes it rough; their breakfast table is made of rough-hewed planks;
- In Washington D.C., Republicans are only permitted to use elevators that go up, and Democrats can only use elevators that go down;
- After over twenty years, a research team sponsored by Republican Conservatives for the Purification of America (RCPA) concluded Jesus was Jewish;
- Supreme Court Justices are required to be blind or at least sight impaired;
- Hillary Clinton’s issues with her health are an attempt to get the sympathy vote;
- Donald Trump has backed off making Mexico pay for his border wall. He now plans to import The Great Wall of China to the Mexico/USA border and have the Chinese pay for it;
- The reason Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton despise each other is because they dated in college; and
- The 2016 Presidential campaign is actually a Saturday Night Live skit.
My facts, your facts, and their facts, and somewhere in between lies a truth we are blind to or choose to ignore. Unfortunately, the resulting factiction is the present foundation of politics and civil unrest in America.
©Jack Linton, October 3, 2016