The past eight years America has had an ineffective president, not because he didn’t try, but because so many refused to work with him and give him a chance. What this country needs now is four more years of ineffective leadership because so many people refuse to give the new guy a chance. Regardless how you feel about Obama as President or feel about Trump as the President elect, both of these men were elected by the same Electoral College that represented the will of the people. Some screamed for eight years that Obama was not their President, and now some are screaming Trump is not their President. The truth is Barack Obama was America’s President and now in a couple of months, Donald Trump will be America’s new President. That is the truth whether you can handle it or not!
However, I am not sure America really wants the truth. It has become obvious the only truth America can handle is the truth as each individual sees it. We are no longer a collective nation of patriots with the common sense to embrace the good of all people. Today, the collective patriotism of America extends no further than individual agendas. As a nation, we clamor for the truth, yet we prove over and over we can’t handle the truth that we are one nation made up of many diverse groups and ideas rather than one group’s idea for a nation.
The wisdom of our forefathers gave us America’s truth; it is called the Constitution of the United States. A Constitution that was never envisioned to be interpreted along the lines of politics, religion, or personal agendas but rather intended to be interpreted with common sense and respect for ALL citizens. That is the truth, and America needs to relearn how to handle that truth. Until we do, the division in America will continue unabated. Anyone who cannot handle that truth is a part of the problem.
The Truth Whether You Can Handle It or Not?
- Voting for Donald Trump brings into question a person’s Christianity no more than voting for Hillary Clinton brings into question a person’s integrity;
- Regardless who you voted for in the 2016 Presidential election, you had a despicable decision to make. Both candidates clearly represented all that is wrong with America today;
- Protesting peacefully is as American as apple pie – so is voting! The contradiction occurs when those protesting do not bother to vote. By not voting, they are the very problem they protest against;
- The way to resolve all the cry babying in future elections is to do what American society normally does to pacify competition – give everybody a participation trophy and send them home;
- The primary reason for division in America is we tag everybody. By tagging people as conservative, liberal, Christian, non-Christian, Muslim, gay, etc., we fail to recognize their humanity. Respect for the humanity of those who disagree with us or believe and live differently is the key ingredient missing from today’s America!
Can you handle the truth?
©Jack Linton, November 21, 2016