Recently a video was posted on Youtube and elsewhere online depicting a conference of frontline doctors dealing with the COVID-19 virus. The video was a promotion for alternative treatments for the virus such as hydroxychloroquine, and how the public is being denied such lifesaving drugs. The video was pitched as lifesaving information that would soon be taken down by Youtube, so if you wanted to see it, you had to watch it immediately. I highly suspect such hype was a tactic to entice people to watch a video that ordinarily would have drawn little fanfare. Indeed, the video was removed from Youtube, but it was easily accessed elsewhere online, so I am confident the intended audience had ample opportunity to see it.
I watched the whole video (3 hours) with touches of confusion, frustration, and disbelief. If I were to believe the video, the government and other dark conspirators are out to get us. The doctors on the video claimed there are treatments and cures for COVID-19, but the miracle drugs are being withheld from the American people. Is this true? I have no idea, but I doubt it, and a couple of outright eye popping false statements in the video made me doubt it even more. Of course, that is my opinion, but after watching the video, I believe my opinion to be as valid, even more so, than many of the opinions stated or implied in the video.
However, opinion is opinion, so look close at my reactions to the video below to see where my objections fall and decide for yourself:
Responses to the video – America’s Frontline Doctors:
- Does Hydroxychloroquine and the over the counter asthma treatment mentioned work?
- Some doctors swear by these treatments (the four or five in the video for example) while the greater majority of doctors say no they do not work. In fact, most doctors agree hydroxychloroquine may cause dangerous side effects for some people. It doesn’t seem to have harmed the President though, but I guess, who you believe depends on who you want to believe;
- Who is right? Who knows! It depends on the source you are watching or reading and whether you lean to the left or to the right. The only sure bet is whatever source you rely on is most likely biased one way or the other, and people are not getting the whole story or anywhere near the truth whatever it might be. Therefore, the best advice is to err on the side of caution;
- False Statement: The video stated, “Children do not die from COVID-19.” According to the most recent CDC data, this is a false statement. Initially very few children and young adults died from the virus, but the numbers have been increasing steadily. For example, in February and March, COVID-19 cases involving children showed 13 cases per 100,000 population while as of July 23 COVID-19 cases involving children showed 379 cases per 100,000 population. Also, as of July 23, there were 288,287 children who had tested positive with COVID-19. Of those children, 500+ died between May 21 and July 23 from COVID-19;
- False Statement: The video stated, “Children are essentially immune to it (COVID-19).” This is another false statement from the video. The CDC numbers above show over 280,000 children have tested positive for the virus and over 500 have died. That hardly sounds like immunity to me;
- Is denying Americans access to drugs such as hydroxychloroquine a part of a bigger conspiracy against the American people?
- If there is a conspiracy, two things would have to be in place:
- President Trump would have to be in on the scam. I am not a fan of President Trump, but if he knew of such a scam, I believe he would have let the cat out of the bag by now with one of his many tweets; or
- President Trump would have to be an unknowing puppet with someone else pulling the strings. I do not care for the President’s demeanor or lack of Presidential class, but I do not believe he is anybody’s puppet;
- If there was a government conspiracy, why have members of the President’s White House staff become infected with the virus? Wouldn’t they be immune? If the President can obtain treatments such as hydroxychloroquine, surely, those miracle treatments are available to his staff as well, so there should be zero infections in the White House. However, maybe government is as clueless about the virus as the rest of us;
- If there is a conspiracy and it is linked to a vaccine, what is the endgame?
- SOMEBODY IS GETTING RICH or RICHER: Pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions – why? Who has ordered them not to? Government? Big insurance companies? Medical profession? Economically, it makes no sense unless it benefits the pharmaceutical companies. However, the US government has already ordered 100,000,000 doses of the vaccine when it is ready and will order another 200,000,000 doses after the first run is filled, so the pharmaceutical companies have essentially received their money and future money up front. Therefore, there is no need for them to drive vaccine prices up by stalling treatment. The American people will not be charged anything for the vaccine, so they have little more to gain. Therefore, if it is some sort of financial scam to make the big guys richer, it would most likely involve not only the pharmaceutical companies but implicate the President as well, which I doubt in both cases;
- MASS EXTERMINATION: Some conspiracy theorists have suggested the vaccine will thin out the population, but why? To whose advantage? Who gains by mass extermination of the population? It certainly would not benefit either capitalism or a move toward socialism. Economically there would be nothing to gain unless the exterminators could isolate and safeguard the key millions of people it would take to rebuild the country and its economy; or maybe
- BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING: Some have suggested the vaccine is a means of injecting microchips to track American citizens. This is highly doubtful. The government whether left or right knows everything about each American citizen without the need of a biologically implanted microchip. The government and big business track every American citizen by his/her driver license, social security number, credit cards, debit cards, membership cards, bank statements, and cell phone, etc. They track buying habits every time an order is placed at Walmart or online. They know everything worth knowing about every individual on the grid, so they do not need to cause controversy by inserting a microchip into human bodies. Anyone who has ever applied or has possession of a credit card or any other card linked to them personally is already in their data banks – data collection is one reason it is so easy to get a credit card. Our lives are encrypted data belonging to the government and big corporations. As citizens, everything we do is available for scrutiny if or when the government and the business moguls desire. They do not need to implant anything to learn all they need to know about citizens; and
- If there is a conspiracy, two things would have to be in place:
- I am not saying the remedies supported in the video do not work – I do not know, but there is a reason these remedies have not been made available to the public. I find it hard to believe as stressed as the medical profession is with the number of COVID-19 patients being treated every day, any doctor, much less thousands of doctors, would ignore treatments that could effectively reduce that stress and save lives. I highly suspect if hydroxychloroquine and the asthma treatment mentioned in the video truly saved lives there would be many thousands of doctors standing up and saying so. After all, these are family men and women who are placing themselves and their families in jeopardy everyday they go to work to treat patients. They are not going to fool around with conspiracies when it comes to the lives of their children.
As for the virus being a conspiracy “to get” American citizens, resurrect a new world order, or help Joe Biden win the Presidency, there is no reasonable proof to suggest these are anything but fanciful fears of people living in desperate times. It is doubtful anyone or anything other than our fears are lurking in the shadows to get us. How do I know? I don’t. There are only five things I reasonably know for sure:
- I can complain and worry until the cows come home, and it will not change a thing;
- If I want change, I need to vote for change – voting is the tool for change in America;
- I need to wear a mask when I go out to help control the spread of the virus;
- I am certain we will get through this, but it will most likely be months after the November election, so I do not foresee a quick end; and
- I and most Americans are our own worst enemy in all of this. We tend to give credibility where there is no credibility, which causes additional stress and worry in an already hectic time.
Of course, all this apart from the CDC data is my opinion, but I dare say my opinion is probably far less biased than anything that can be found on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, or Youtube. Like everything else in our present day world, everything is opinion – the news, our conversations, and our very existence, so feel free to disagree. Neither one of us may be right about anything, but that is food for another conspiracy.
©Jack Linton, July 28, 2020